Space-Saving Wardrobe Designs for Small Bedroom
Living in a small space can lead to a space crunch one doesn’t scrape out of the box ideas. Considering things like smart storage solutions, colour palettes, and organisation hacks pave the way for a strong statement. While keeping the design trends in mind, when it comes to choosing wardrobe designs for small bedroom, try to balance style with functionality. While we can’t increase the area, designing cleverly to make the most of the space can do the trick. So, here we bring you some incredible space-saving cupboard ideas that blend beautifully into and enhance the bedroom’s decor.
Access Your Needs
Before we get into wardrobe design ideas, a sensible idea is to start by assessing your storage needs. We all organise our cupboards differently. Think about the volume of clothes and shoes you own, whether you might need sections for other accessories and how much space you might require in the future to fit out elements.
Try to personalise your fitted wardrobe suiting your lifestyle- for example, combining hanging rails with shelving, internal drawers and shoe storage that will help keep you organised whilst allowing easy access to the clothes.
The Mirrored Wardrobe
Mirrors and lacquered surfaces always make a space appear larger. For compact bedroom cabinets, sliding doors with mirror fronts are a great space-saving design. If you add mirrored panels in modern bedroom cupboard designs they eliminate the need for a separate dresser, saving more space. Further, you can combine with corner table shutters and other furniture in the room, creating a luxurious and elegant interior. Try mixing and matching by creating a combination of wood and mirror, depending on the theme of your bedroom.
Wardrobe designs should be in sync with the theme of the room. Clever finishes can be used to enhance the bedroom interiors. Frosted glass is one such material that looks stylish, its contents are somewhat visible, but it is not as fragile as glass or easy to stain. Here, the wardrobe fits into the limited space and blends well with room decor resulting in a modern look. A better alternative to glass wardrobes if you don't want to display the contents of your wardrobe. You can also choose this material for wardrobe designs for small bedrooms to make a space seem larger and brighter.
An eclectic wardrobe as a modern bedroom cupboard design features different elements of fashion and style, giving the room a sleek, high-end look.
For this bedroom cabinet, try to maximise the closet's potential by keeping only the clothing and a bit of accessories that reflect your personality and fit your everyday aesthetic. The best part? There are no limitations when it comes to designing an eclectic wardrobe, so customise it as per your needs. It focuses on creativity and individuality, so you can't go wrong with expressing yourself!
Timeless Walnut-finish Bedroom Cabinet
In the world of home interiors, some things never go out of style and the classic walnut finish for wood is a huge testament. Small bedroom cupboard design, the solid wood doors in a walnut finish make a quiet statement adding a sense of space in the room.
Stark contrasts create a visual barrier, reducing the size of the room while similar hues will create a perfect illusion that will allow you to successfully combat your cupboard designs for smaller bedrooms. In addition, the mirrored panel work as a dresser, saving more space.
Two-Door Bedroom Cupboard Design
While we’ve gone over all the ways in which to create wardrobe designs for small bedroom, there’s no denying the charm of a classic two-door cupboard. The wardrobe design should blend with the theme of the room. Clever finishes enhance the bedroom’s interior décor. For instance, using an acrylic high gloss finish gives the cupboard a shiny smooth appearance. They are available in a wide range of colours and is a great idea for small spaces as it makes the space seem brighter and larger.
The usual design of the bedroom cabinet restricts the height to seven feet leaving the empty space above. This is not an ideal option, especially in a small area where every inch matters. Take the wardrobes to the ceiling creating clutter-free bedroom interiors. Use the extra storage space for heavy stuff such as travel suitcases, extra mattresses, coats and drapes etc. When width is compact, go vertical!
Cupboard doors do occupy precious square footage of your room. If you are someone that keeps things organised, then instead of going for the generic wardrobes, turn to the open closet design. This is an ideal option for those who live in small homes or minimal apartments. in this type of setting, to maximise the storage space add a few simple hanging rods, boxes, baskets and a combination of open shelves and drawers. This will allow you to customise your wardrobe and make it more visually interesting. Plus, you can style with curtains adding privacy while giving a laid-back and relaxed feel to the bedroom.
Do you remember Carrie Bradshaw's walk- in- closet of a small apartment in New York from the famous sitcom Sex and the City? Yes, it gave us some serious wardrobe goals that the tiniest of homes can have dream wardrobes.
Storage Tricks for Small Bedroom
If you have limited space in your bedroom for storage, you really have no choice but to get creative with wardrobe designs to keep things organized.
- If you have an awkward corner in a room, invest in a small cabinet or armoire that can bring it to life while also giving you an extra storage space to store all your knick-knacks.
- A capsule wardrobe is a collection of a number of garments and accessories worn frequently (for a given period of time). All you’ll need is a set of customized furniture that stores this. It’s a brilliant hack to organise the storage space within the small bedroom.
- Built-in ceiling-high armoires that function as closets, and store all the unseasoned items in the above space.
- Choose the reflective materials on the outer surfaces of the wardrobe to make the room appear brighter and larger.
- In a small bedroom, build small shelves, and open units on the bed-back wall or headboard that can serve the dual purpose of adding an element of design to the room as well as provide you with extra storage space for displaying books, accessories, planters, and more.
These ideas and tricks on maximising your small cupboard design in bedrooms play a huge role in redefining the spatial arrangements of the space. Moreover, they add functional and aesthetic value to the room. Another important aspect is to declutter as messy rooms with things sprawled all across the area make the space even smaller. Try and tend to accumulate all the items to be able to live a balanced and organised life. For more decor ideas contact our experts at Interior Company. We manage each project and provide tailored designs that are on time and within budget.
You May Also Like
Built-in Wardrobe Ideas: For The Perfect Storage Options
Explore Modern Bedroom Sliding Wardrobe Ideas
Trendiest Wardrobes Ideas for Small Rooms
Modern Modular Wardrobe Design Instructions & Guidelines
When it comes to designing a new closet in the bedroom, there are some general rules of thumb to abide by.
- Make use of vertical space and rotate your seasonal clothing for an efficiently organised closet.
- Give away the clothes you don’t wear.
- Choose modern clever solutions such as boxes, baskets, pull-out trays, and hanging rods to keep all the essential components in an organised manner.
- Use floor space effectively by adding some trays or drawers at the bottom of your wardrobe.
- Choose multifunctional designs like a unit with an inbuilt vanity or dresser. to make the most effective use of the closet. For example, a unit that has an inbuilt vanity or dresser.
- Utilise the headboard wall-to-wall for storage space.
- Make the most of the vertical space with a floor-to-ceiling cupboard design.
- Consider some modular designs for awkward spaces or corners.
- Pick Light or neutral-toned finishes that will make the space look brighter and spacious.
- Experiment with an open capsule wardrobe that will keep your room light and airy.
The sleek and smart look of contemporary modular wardrobe designs is in trend for the past few years. On the other hand, some prefer the old-world charm of timeless wooden cupboard designs. Choose a cohesive design that reflects the taste and aesthetic sensibilities of the homeowner.
Sliding door wardrobes are an efficient contemporary storage solution, as they do not require much space and look sleek and stylish. With their ergonomic mechanism, the shutters don’t swing out like on standard wardrobes and are an ideal choice of furniture for small bedrooms.